Part Time / Full Time Qualified Accountant in Practice
Based within the home office of this Altrincham practice with potential for working from home on occasion, the accountant will be responsible for being #2 in the practice.
This role would suit a highly organised but flexible worker looking to work for approximately 25-35 hours a week. Days and hours can be accommodated for the right candidate and discussed at interview to suit both parties.
We are looking for an experienced Accountant to join our small team, in a key role, including systems setup, accounts preparation, review of other team members files, and other services to a mixed and varied client base.
It is important that you are able to provide a professional, friendly service through developing excellent relationships with customers, and by understanding their business requirements.
The role will be predominantly based within the Sole Practitioner’s home office, near Altrincham.
Duties/Areas of Responsibility – The position will cover two broad areas of responsibility:
Accounting and Tax
· Preparation and completion of Clients’ sole trader and limited company accounts and working papers (including year-end adjustments) to review level
· Preparation and submission of corporation tax schedules, self-assessment and partnership tax returns
· Preparation of landlord income and expenditure accounts
· Preparation of Balance Sheet reconciliations and year-end adjustments
· Answering Clients’ emails and calls and resolving queries
· Carry out client reviews as and when needed, and advise clients on the most tax efficient way of running their limited company
· Keeping abreast of developments in regulations and suggest changes to ensure compliance
· Adhoc analysis and project work focused around budgets, forecasts and tax reports
Systems and Support
· Reviewing existing systems and processes in place for the practice and able to generate own ideas for service improvements necessary to assist in the organisations growth
· Quarterly management accounts for the practice
· Other ad hoc tasks
· Training and covering colleagues’ responsibilities where needed.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience
· Will consider candidates who are ACA, ACCA qualified, with a minimum of 3 years practice experience
· Ability to work on own initiative without detailed direction within a small team
· Demonstrates a logical and methodical approach with high level of attention to detail and accuracy
· Will take pride in their work and concern themselves in getting it right first time
· Wide experience of small business and individual accounts (SA returns and CT returns)
· Excellent excel skills and extensive use of small business accounting software
We offer flexible working around core hours, and hybrid working after 3 months probation (with a minimum 50% in the ‘office’), as well as a relaxed office environment with a smart casual dress code.
What will happen next:
Please contact Sid at Moore Accountancy with your CV, covering letter, notice period, desired hours and expected hourly rate. Please ensure you put the job title in your email description.
No Agencies Please.
Moore Accountancy is an equal opportunities employer.